The evidence suggests that between two thirds to a half of all medications prescribed for long term conditions are not taken as recommended. In asthma care, there is widespread non-adherence to taking preventer medications regularly (NICE, 2009).
This session will cover:
- The difference between adherence and concordance with treatment
- Personalisation and relational working
- Consultation techniques: benefits/concerns, health/literacy, safety netting
- How to spot poor concordance
- Tools to aid concordance including play therapy
Heather Henry, Nurse Entrepreneur , BreathChamps CIC & Brightness Management Limited